So I turned the page of my calendar to September, and I suddenly realized that once again, there’s a bunch of great contact improvsation events coming up this fall. Here’s an overview of your fall 2017 in contact improvisation, if you live in the northeastern part of North America. Among them are my “Contact Improvisation for Absolute Beginners” class coming up on Monday, September 11. Send e-mail to class “at” contactimprovblog.com to register.
- Friday, September 8, to Sunday, September 10, Burlington, VT: Annual Burlington VT International Contact Jam.
- Monday, September 11, New York City: I teach a class for absolute beginners to contact improvisation, from 7pm to 10pm in SoHo.
- Friday, September 22, to Sunday, September 24, Redding, CT: Bradley Teal Ellis teaches a workshop at the Peaceable Barn titled “The Root of Lightness – Contact Improvisation for Heavy Times.”
- Saturday, September 23, Cambridge, MA: Aaron (Brando) Brandes teaches a full-day workshop in Cambridge titled “Freedom in Falling: Liberate Your Dance.”
- Thursday, October 12, to Sunday, October 15, Earthdance, Plainfield, MA: Keith Hennessy teaches a workshop at Earthdance titled Post/Contact: dancing to re-imagine the crises of difference and politics.
- Saturday, October 14, Arlington, MA: Neige Christenson teaches a full-day workshop in Arlington (Boston area), titled “Finding Your Inner Compass.”
- Wednesday, October 18, to Sunday, October 22, West Virginia: East Coast Jam.
- Thursday, October 19, to Sunday, October 22, Earthdance, Plainfield, MA: The Earthdance Falling Leaves Jam, facilitated by Tanya Williams & Vivek Patel.
- Saturday, October 28, to Sunday, October 29, Philadelphia, PA: Neige Christenson teaches a contact improvisation workshop in Philadelphia titled “Honing the Honest Body.”
- Saturday, November 4, Cambridge, MA: Olivier Besson teaches a full-day workshop in Cambridge, details TBA.
- Monday, November 13, to Friday, November 17, Montreal, Canada: Two workshops offered by Scott Wells, “From Zero to Flying” and “Flying ≠ Jumping and Performance Research.”
- Saturday, November 18, to Sunday, November 19, Montreal, Canada: The 35th edition of the Montreal Annual Jam.
- Thursday, November 23, to Sunday, November 26, Earthdance, Plainfield, MA: The Earthdance Gratitude Jam and Workshop Celebration with Tim O’Donnell 2017.
- Friday, December 15, to Sunday, December 17, Redding, CT: Chris Aiken and Angie Hauser teach a workshop at the Peaceable Barn titled “Contact: Touch, Flow and Imagination.”
- Thursday, December 28, to Tuesday, January 2, Earthdance, Plainfield, MA: The Earthdance New Year’s Jam 2017-18, facilitated by Rebecca Bone & Daniel Cook.
If you think anything is missing from this list, feel free to add a comment below.