If you have a question about contact improvisation, I would love to hear it and will be happy to answer it.
Don’t be shy. I’m happy to hear any kind of question, on any topic, no matter how vague, subtle, or far afield. There are no stupid or offensive questions. Here are examples of questions that are NOT stupid, but this is by no means an exclusive list:
- what does “sluff” mean?
- should I date someone from my local jam?
- how do I get better dances?
- why are there so few racial minorities in contact improvisation?
- why do I sometimes finish a contact class that I really like but I’m not sure what I’ve learned?
- there’s this one dude that creeps me out… what do I do?
- how do I dance with people larger/smaller than me?
- why is it hard to get the motivation to go to the jam sometimes?
- there’s only one jam a week in my area, and no classes. How can I get better?
- what are some skills I can work on when I don’t have a partner?
- sometimes I’m sitting around at the jam with no one to dance with, and I feel kind of awkward and self-conscious. What do I do?
- how do I improve my dance stamina?
Send me an e-mail at “questions” AT “contactimprovblog.com”. Or fill out a comment form below